Friday, July 17, 2009

Another CAS23 Card, Asian Inspired



This card was inspired by Ando Hiroshige's untitled piece at art.com. I masked the border with large post-it notes and used a stipple brush to create the blue background. I left the mask in place, stamped the bamboo and dragonflies, then stamped the sentiment (Double Happiness), which came out crooked. ARGH! So I stamped it again on a scrap of cardstock, cut it out, and layered it over the mistake. Ahhhh. Much better.

Hope you like this one. I did, and made a bunch of other cards using the background technique. Look for them in an upcoming post.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, sentiment unknown
cardstock: PTI white
ink: Memories soft stone, Versamagic hint of pesto, dark brown
accessories: stipple brush, post-it notes

9 comments:

  1. WOW!! I LOVE this!! I really have to try out that tech. using a post it note! Everytime I see a card done with it I just love it! This is gorgeous! I really like the detail in the left bottom corner it really adds the artist touch to it...I was in bed for a few days with a migrane and have missed some of your new cards...Glad to be back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really great! I'll have to try that out sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simplicity at its finest. What an absolutely wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card, Susan! I love how you masked and stippled the b/ground - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this. The simple look is perfect for this image. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, i also like how you corrected your error, it looks like it was intended.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!