Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm Back!

We had our cable/internet connected this evening, and I'm in heaven. It's been over a week since I indulged in Pinterest. Can you imagine the hardship?

My craft room got all moved today, and I hope, hope, hope to make something tomorrow. There's still some cleaning at the old house and phone calls to plumbers to make and rugs to buy. In the meantime, I give you my last card made with the Modern Basics set...for the time being, of course. This set is my new favorite. And that's saying something.


4.25" square


This bit of simplicity became an entire set in different colors...because it's just so darn cute and square!

Happy New Year, and thank you so much for your good wishes and patience. Y'all are the best!

Someone asked if moving ten minutes away was easier than moving far away. The answer is, in my experience, sort of. But my muscles are a LOT more sore than when the military moved us, that's for sure. When we moved cross country, the packers put everything in boxes and when we got to the new place, we had to unpack all that stuff. This time, we're moving whole drawers full of stuff. My craft room took four trips in my station wagon and about an hour to arrange.  I just shifted whole drawer units without worrying about anything. That was WAY easier than having to unpack every bottle of reinker from its zip baggy, get all my punches unwrapped and reorganized, etc.

Oh, and I have too many books. Now I understand why the military movers always hated us. When we moved to our last house, we had 109 boxes of books. Now, we have more. Dang, those things are heavy. We've used about 50 banker's boxes to haul the first batch over, and will empty them and re-use them until all the books are moved. So glad we're not in a hurry!

19 comments:

  1. Love how you use this set :) The flower is darling. Hubby complains about my books but I am nowhere near your total - will have to remind him mine is small next time he complains ;) Hope you get the odds and ends tied up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new home. I hope you can make it into your craft room soon. Do you remember in the old days, calling in to the radio station to place a request? Can I request some BB: Circles cards, if you are done with Modern Basics for now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card, Susan! It's great that your move is almost complete. I totally understand about the books. When we moved across country, I gave tons away, and I still have books in every room of our (larger) house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, I'm glad the move is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Susan - that little flower is really holding its own in that square of white! Glad to hear you're getting sorted in your new home. Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME.

    Lovely card btw - wot? No pic of the whole set?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just going to make me get this set, aren't you. Another wonderful card, Susan. Whoda thunk it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No need to start an exercise plan this year! Moving boxes of books will take care of it for January.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need to start an exercise plan this year! Moving boxes of books will take care of it for January.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm somewhat relieved to hear that even a minimalist like you required four trips in a station wagon to move all your craft stuff to the new house!! I always feel guilty about the amount of paper craft stuff I have, but if you have that much, I'll lighten up on myself!

    Books sure multiply over the years, don't they? I had to clear a bunch out (donated them to the public library where they'll either use them or sell them) as my shelves were too full and I had no space for more shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! Glad your back. Glad your move went well. I had to move my 'library' up the stairs and that took a few hours and it still isn't organized the way I like it. So sad this was your last post with Modern Basics...for now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back!
    When I was a kid, we moved from one house to the one next door, and I swore I would NEVER do that when I was a grown-up..... Famous last words! We did it with 3 small kids, the week before I had back surgery, and then again 3 1/2 years ago...
    So glad to hear that my pitiful 5 bookcases of books isn't a world record! Enough teasing - I've missed your posts and can't wait to have you back everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to have you back!! Love this card - so pretty. You made me smile with your talk of books. We've had to really purge our books (sob!!) and have donated them all over the place. But I think we will still need lots of book boxes when we move :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your back w/another nice and simple card! Good to hear that you are all hooked up and ready-to-go. Sounds like the move was smooth. You must be thrilled to know you're nearly finished. We had one home with a custom-built library. Prior to the move we housed our books in various areas of our home in free-standing bookcases. After condensing all of the books onto the library shelves, we were shocked at the number of books we actually had. My late husband used to quote Dr. Suess to the boys "The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn the more places you'll go." Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice, clean crisp card. It makes me think of spring.

    We moved down the street about a mile. We didn't even bother getting a lot of boxes since we'd fill some up, drag them down and unload them. I found the books and bookcases the easiest to move. Heavy, yes, but not awkward. I remember at the end that we had a lot of off shaped things to move--round patio table, ironing board, cat litter boxes... and the sectional couch from Hades, which we have since removed from our lives entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I shall miss seeing cards with this set for a while! :( I LOVE this--and the bit of bling in the center is the most fabulous touch! Good luck on the rest of the move--I cannot imagine having that many books, but i do believe I'm on my way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. Are there going to be any more one layer challenges please? x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susan, Glad to hear the move goes well:0) Crikey four car loads, you've a load of crafty gear:0)
    I love this simple card and can imagine that it won't be the last we see from you with the modern basics LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!