Monday, February 6, 2012

OLW77, Glittery Bird Birthday

This week's OLW is hosted by Jennifer, and it's to make a birthday card featuring a bird. Fabulous! Here's my first effort for it, a glittery confection that involved thinking outside the margins...or inside the margins...oh, whatever.




I love this peacock set from  Hero Arts, but it's always a challenge to keep the peacocks from just floating. I'm going to try my shadow stamps next, I think. But for now, a fancy cut does the trick.

There are two types of glitter on the card: Stickles (in lime and turquoise on the bird) and Doodlebug loose glitter (on the ground, as it were). I attached the loose glitter with a 1.5" x 5.25" strip of Tack and Peel....sheets of adhesive you can cut to size, punch, or die cut. Very cool.

Happy Monday! And if you haven't played the OLW this week, jump on board!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (peacock, discontinued), Papertrey (sentiment, Birthday Basics)
ink: Memento tuxedo black

paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: Stickles, Doodlebug glitter, Tack and Peel, corner chomper, scissors

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! The peacock is really fab and I do like the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry forgot to say, feel better soon, sending warm hugs (that's only safe as I'm a few hundred miles away and not in danger of catching your awful cold LOL) :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous Susan! I particularly like the touches of vibrant stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like a clever card, one that makes you think and want to look at for hours, and this is definitely one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Clean, Simple and Oh so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Susan! I love your cutting job and all the glitter and bling. By the way, got the cuttlebug folders: thanks so much. I'm looking forward to using them now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. I like how you stamped and cut that Peacock. It is a very good way of grounding him, and I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too clever for words! Simply gorgeous card. Love the glittery ground.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative and great job thinking "outside the box"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fancy bottom cut with the glitter underneath is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with the peacock - it's pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing, love it...if peacocks didn't freak me out, tis card would have just put this stamp set on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card! I love the lime and turquoise stickles on the peacock and his cut-out tail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm... I have some Tack 'N Peel (by Tsukineko) that is an adhesive cling sheet to use with acrylic blocks and unmounted stamps. Is this something different? I have other, thinner double sided adhesive sheets that I use for gitter like this.

    I love what you did with the peacock. It makes a very interesting edge to the card. I love anything like this that moves a card from ordinary to special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!