Monday, September 10, 2012

Sending Sunshine

Today's card was sent a while back to Jennifer Scull, who was having a hard time seeing the sunshine.




It's a bit different for me, though certainly still clean and simple. I cut a large circle mask using a Creative Memories circle cutter and adhered it with a temporary tape runner. After sponging the circle with Memento Tangelo ink, I stamped the A Muse music background over the mask in Memento Morocco.

After removing the mask, I stamped the solid pennant stamp from Hero Arts pennant set repeatedly along the edge of the circle in Tangelo. Then, I added the sentiment (Hero Arts discontinued) in Morocco.

Cancer sucks. It seems to be everywhere I turn, even on the internet. So today, I'm going to be grateful that there are so many treatments and that they have progressed so far in the past decade. We don't have cancer's butt kicked yet, but lots of smart people are working on it. My friends Ruth, Ragan, and Mary are doing well in the aftermath of treatment, and I hope to be able to say the same about Jennifer soon!

Supplies
stamps: A Muse, Hero Arts
ink: Memento
paper: PTI
accessories: mask, temporary tape, sponge

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What a surprise opening your page today! What a lovely bunch of orange! This is pretty different, and I like it a lot. I love the music on top of the sun, and what an genius way to use the banner. This would cheer anybody up! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! I once made a similar card, but yours definitely tops mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!