Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ho, Ho, Ho

I've been doing church stuff and Santa stuff, which leaves no time for stamping but is enormously satisfying in its own way. I decided I'm not making any promises as to when I'll get any more stamping done...just know that I'm alive and well.

It's good. I'm blessed.

In the meantime, let me share a few craft-related things with you.

1. I liked the comments on the Essential Glue Pad post, especially Colorado Crafter's comment about the Essential Glue Pad absolutely NOT working for her. I qualified my review with the disclaimer that individual results will vary precisely because what works for one person seems not to work for all. For instance, I have loved excessively my Fiskar's 12" paper trimmer for almost ten years now, but my best friend from college--an avid scrapbooker--hated hers. She could never get a right angle with it, the blade never seemed right, yadda, yadda. She bought a Tonic and was happy as Daisy with a tennis ball.

So thank you, Colorado Crafter, for giving the other perspective on the glue pad.

2. KellyRae's comment reminded me that I forgot to tell you that I also press the glitter or flock into the glue with my fingers firmly before tapping off the excess. This really helps A LOT.

3. I have some more birthday cards to share (once they are photographed) that people sent me after I posted the bulk of them. Y'all are so sweet and talented!

4. Patti M. sent me a box a few weeks back that I haven't even thanked her for yet! Here are the goods, which I photographed the day I got them.

Storage case and Memento Inks

Glitter and Pears...oh, my!


So thank you, Patti! I'm going to have so much fun with them. The storage case for the Memento inks works great, and I'm going to hang it on the wall in front of my desk. How cool is that to have the inks at my fingertips instead of in a drawer?

Very cool!

And the pear stamps? Oh, Patti, when I stop laughing, we're going to have some fun with those!

Happy Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Blessings to All!



6 comments:

  1. Pears!!! for you Susan!!! someone has a good sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where oh where did she find the box for the Memento pads, I;ve got mine jumbled in a basket and it's driving me crazy. What a wonderful solution. What a wonderful friend to gift you with such great items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that ink storage shelf. Hope your holidays are happy and bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that storage unit for the Memento pads - so useful. And the pear stamp - so you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I'm famous! I was mentioned in a blog! LOL! Just wanted to add that I must have really gotten a defective batch of glue on my glue pad. I did press the glitter into the glue. After a couple of attempts of just sprinkling glitter on the way I do with other glues, I purposely dumped more on than usual so I could press it into the glue without fear of smudging it around or rubbing it off. But, even with that step added to the process it just didn't stick worth a flip and much of what did stick at first flaked off even without trying to rub it off.

    I do agree, though about different people having different results with the same product. Maybe the cardstock I was using for that project just didn't play well with the glue from the glue pad. I have to admit that I have not not tried the glue pad with any other paper to find out. But, since different inks perform differently on different cardstocks, the glue might do the same.

    I love that wonderful storage case for the Memento inks. I keep my little Memento and Colorbox inkpads in a $1.00 pencil case and it's not too bad for the number of ink pads I have at the moment. They only have to be two deep so it's not much of a problem to find the color I want since there's not many on the top layer! LOL! It's my full size ink pads that cause me the big storage problem. I have so many of them and no real desk space to spare for the big ink pad storage cases I see online. Also have no wall space for a hanging case. So my ink pads are in a couple of large plastic storage cases from Joann's that are a pain to get out every time I want a different color of ink... therefore I don't use all the various colors I have, which is not a good thing. But, I have the same problem with a lot of my craft supplies. Oh, well. I am thankful I have so many supplies to cause the problems! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!