Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Digging out the Odd Embellishment

Just a reminder that time's running short on the April One-Layer Simplicity Challenge: Road Trip! Go check it out and play before the buzzer on the 24th!


I wish I could recreate for you the convoluted and bizarre thought process that brought about this particular card, but I can't. I just can't. It defies description.

Lavender photo corners? I know. Weird. But pretty, yes?




The leaf is stamped in Hero Arts Soft Pool, which is quickly becoming my favorite blue for the season. Color slut that I am, I could never commit to a single shade of blue for life, but Soft Pool makes me happy this spring, for sure. Love it!

The leaf stamp is an old, old, old stamp from Hero Arts. The date on it is 2001. The sentiment is part of a discontinued Clear and Simple Stamps set called, coincidentally, Thinking of You. I love that handwritten font, which is stamped in Soft Granite by Hero Arts.

Dig through your stash of embellishments and find something you've not used in, oh, forever, and use it on a card. It's fun!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Clear and Simple Stamps
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: lavender photo corners, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Susan. I've never seen lavender photo corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo corners bring good memories - my mom's photo album from her senior class trip (1947), is chock full of them. Love the feeling that you've revived in me with this beautiful card. It's simply lovely. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, especially for a photographer! Very nicely made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!