Friday, June 20, 2014

Life Is Good

Life is good.




The surf boards are stamped in Hero Arts inks, and the sentiment is stamped in Memento Luxe tuxedo black for extra density of color. Given the opacity of the pigment ink, Memento Luxe holds up much better than regular Memento ink when stamped over a darker or brighter dye ink, as here it's stamped over Hero Arts Ocean.

I added the two sequins to draw the eye to the sentiment. Before I added the sequins, my eye stopped at the ocean-colored board. The sequins unify the whole design better and draw the eye to the sentiment.

Sometimes, embellishments, like life, are good.

Sometimes, simple is good.



I hope this post finds your life good.

Supplies
stamps: Echo Park Paper
ink: Memento Luxe, Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: sequins

6 comments:

  1. Love your card, I need this surfboard stamp, i have to have this, i must find and buy this. Thank you for showing me why I need this stamp lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: I found it on sale in 'two peas in a bucket' along with a collection of other must have stamps. Purchased and now waiting for delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those surfboards and the sentiment is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEk--count me as one more who had to run out and buy those surf board stamps. I love them. I think my glee can be forgiven as I do live in a beach town, considered to be one of the best surfing spots on the west coast. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. I just love this card and the others you have made with this set. I found mine on ebay--cheap and free shipping. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!