Monday, June 9, 2014

Using Up Scraps and the Use-Your-Stamps Challenge

I had amassed quite the collection of white card stock scraps, so you know what that means...a lot of white-on-white layered cards.

AND I was working my way through my collection of wood-mounted leaf stamps for the Use-Your-Stamps Challenge. How did I collect so many leaf stamps?

AND I was playing with my Kaleidacolor ink pads, many of which came to live with me courtesy of my stamping friend Leslie. Thanks, Leslie!

So I made these.





The first two have bling, and the second one has no bling...because its colors carried the card so very well.

These stamps are old and discontinued Hero Arts wood-mounted stamps. The set is called Woodland Leaves and Grasses, and it was made from impressions of actual leaves and grasses. The stamps have a sort of "pounded vegetation" softness that is quite appealing to me and contrasts nicely with all the crisp white on the cards.

The sentiments come from a Hero Arts clear set that also contains leaves.

How is your Use-Your-Stamps challenge going?


Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Woodland Leaves and Grasses, clear set of leaves
ink: Kaleidacolor
paper: Papertrey White
accessories: dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Love these cards - you work wonders with white cardstock and ink. My Use-My-Stamps efforts are so-so...I need to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My use it challenge has resulted in my giving away a lot of stamps. It hurt to do at first but I like the extra room in stash space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the white on white, for the cardstock. It is a great look! Great way to use up all the leftovers. Haha I have tons of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the white on white. I have a ton of white cardstock and scraps. Thanks for all the great ideas. I have to see if my Kaleidacolor pads still have some life to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love white on white, and these ink colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!