Saturday, June 14, 2014

Washi Tape: Part 3

Yesterday's washi card showed how the tape can be used to create a tidy border, and today's cards show how it can be used to ground a design element...in these cases, a punched label.




The strip of tape connects the card base and the tag in a colorful, interesting way, although I do love the purist white-on-white look myself.

Note that you could always use a piece of designer paper to achieve the same effect.

In other news...

Today--Flag Day--is our 28th wedding anniversary. I feel like I'm 32 years old, which means I married George when I was four. That sounds about right. Time is very relative, isn't it?

Many thanks to Patti M., who sent us a gorgeous anniversary card that I'll share soon.

We're on vacation now in northern Minnesota...the land of a thousand lakes...with George's sister and her husband. In July, we're joining my sister and her family for their "stay"-cation in Maryland. Then, in August, I'm going to Pittsburg by myself for Stephen Ministry Leadership Training. Finally, the weekend after Labor Day, George and I are going to Madison for Ironman Wisconsin, again joining up with his sister and her husband. The guys will do the race. Angela and I will drink mimosas for breakfast and drink wine with dinner while they sweat and suffer their way through 140.6 miles. Good times.

It's going to be a busy summer! I'd love to hear where you are going for your vacation. Please share!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments
ink: VersaColor
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: washi tape, rhinestones, EK Success label punch, dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. It is looking good with the matching sentiment en pearls. Did you ever try to make a feather with washitape? It is such a cute way to use it, and a nice way to play with it instead of just stick it on paper (which I do most of the time anyway). Double fold the washi and stick a small stick of whatever between it and make small cuts to create a feather.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and happy anniversary! Enjoy your vacation and upcoming summer plans. I have had my three weeks vacation in May already, so I will enjoy my summerweekends!

      Delete
  2. Such simple cards but very effective. Love the colour matching with ink and bling. Enjoy your summer, unfortunately here its the start of winter so we will all be hibernating for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on your anniversary from a Minnesota follower! Hope we get some sun with this rain! Enjoy all your summer! Oh, and I love your washi cards - have only 6 myself and haven't used them but once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to the stamp room to make a card or two this evening, will see if I can case yours...in south-central MN...sure hope you brought sweatshirts to wear today!

    If we can get a dog sitter we will go as a family to a conference in IA...does that count as a vacation? In April we went to Duluth for a couple nights with the kids, had car trouble but still a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your washi tape ideas Susan, I only have 2 rolls and have used them more as masking tape as they are removable!! I'm inspired to try something with labels now though so thank you. Have a lovely time away, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! And I hope you have a great time on vacation. I really like the band of Washi beneath the sentiment. It looks quite nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've resisted the washi; but I really do like it. I may have to try some patterned paper for the washi effect. We are boaters in Lake St Clair, MI. We have two trips planned by boat for the summer. At the end of the month we journey to St Clair, MI on the St Clair River. In August we will go to Lexington, MI and then a few days in Port Huron. We take our bikes and explore by land and use our dinghy to explore by water. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've used the tape behind die-cut sentiments. prepare to be CASEd!!!

    Happy Anniversary, and I hope you have a fabulous time in MN. OH is stoopid hot and humid right now, so you've picked a good time to be gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!