Saturday, October 4, 2014

Recovery

Having a regular stamping routine in the past two months has been impossible, so I grabbed a couple of hours at my craft desk this afternoon and found it difficult to get in the groove. Eventually, I recovered my mojo and made this happy card:


I adore gray and red for Christmas or winter cards. Squee!!!!

First, I made this mask:


This is a classic mask that can be pretty flexible. Today's card is the first of at least two different cards I'm going to make with it. I put a bit of repositionable mono-adhesive on the back of it to hold it in place while in use. Any adhesive that sticks to the card rubs off easily with my finger.

My gray-and-red beauty utilizes a very bold pair of leaf stamps from Papertrey's Embellished Elegance. The denseness of the leaf images allows the mask borders to be well defined without anything else to clarify the borders. Often, people will sponge ink or draw lines to give definition, but with this stamp, it's not necessary.

At least, my minimalist eye doesn't need anything else.

The sentiment is from a sentiment set from Clearly Besotted (*swoon*). Its mod style works great with the clean, bold leaves, adding to the unity of the card.

Blessings this weekend to you all!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey, Clearly Besotted
ink: Memento Gray Flannel, Hero Arts Red Royal
paper: Papertrey Ink
accessories: mask (copy paper)

9 comments:

  1. This may be my favourite ever of your cards - the colours, the graphic, simple shapes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic! I was scrolling on Facebook and it stopped me cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how clean and crisp this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I love the color combination. I wouldn't have thought of using gray for Christmas, but it really works. It's an elegant look. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this color combo is quite fabulous, along with your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh, I love this color combo! May need to take that one for a test drive! I've been loving grey with yellow lately, but this is wonderful for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so so pretty! And now I need that sentiment set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is your mask 5-1/2 X 4-1/4? I think it would be lovely to do this with flowers, too, for a spring or Easter card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!