Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Sleepytime Thought

As I was falling asleep last night, I had a thought, so I put a note on my phone and went to sleep because, you know, I was tired after weeks of insomnia and have finally been sleeping well and no crafty thought was going to keep me awake, by golly.

So there.

Of course, I'd forgotten all about the thought this morning as I was drinking coffee and reading a novel in my recliner. But of course, the note was there when I swiped my phone.

Yay, iPhone!

I played with the idea today, before I could forget to check the notes on my phone because I'd find it months from now and wonder what the heck it meant because context is important and often old notes make NO sense to me whatsoever months after the fact. Does this happen to anyone else?

The idea was this: create an ombre blotch on scrap card stock with Copics/Bics/Sharpies, punch out a shape, and use the lovely shape on a card.




I started with the butterflies and used my all-time favorite CAS layout...which was used on the very first post on this here blog. 



I liked it but thought, hey, let's try snowflakes. After I'd punched them and arranged them loosely on a card, I caught a glimpse of my Wink of Stella pen on my desk and PRESTO!



The clear Wink of Stella makes all the difference on this card. Ohmygosh, so loving that pen!!!!

I loved making these colorful shapes. It's so nice not to worry about staying in lines or being fussy. I just kept adding pigment until I was satisfied, then punched. So very, very easy. And the colors are so rich and bright and pop right off the white card base.

Happy sigh!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Keep It Simple: Thank you and Dare 2B Artzy Giving Spirit
ink: Memento Luxe tuxedo black
paper: Papertrey
accessories: various alcohol markers, glue pen, punches, black half pearls

12 comments:

  1. Those snowflakes! So beautiful! Great bedtime idea. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm glad you recorded it before dozing off. ... I often roll over and write notes to myself when I'm half asleep. The ones in shorthand are the hardest to read the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for IPhones! I'm so hoping to try this tomorrow! Beautifully done, Susan. Your cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea - fun cards! Did you check out the Simon Says Stamp blog today? You must!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatt a great idea. I am so going to try this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice too.......I'd say note worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! A friend and I cased one of your many beautiful cards and I have our versions on my blog, I gave you credit but please take a look and let me know if it is not okay and I will remove :http://lakefrontstampingcreations.blogspot.com/. I am also your newest follower. Enjoy your weekend. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Susan, you didn't waste the negative space that you stamped out of did you?
    I can just picture the coloured boxes trimmed neatly, raised on dimensional sticky pads and mounted over plain white card bases ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snowflakes! So pretty. I actually spent some time in my craft room yesterday. (Hubby is sick; so he didn't hijack my day) It felt so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sweet. Thanks for reminding me I have a Wink of Stella pen, as yet unopened!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!