Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Getting My Purple On

Probably my least-used colors are the purples and violets, but the current cover of Somerset Life inspired me to pull them out and play. This is my favorite of the efforts.



The flower from Papertrey's Doodlie Do is stamped in Ancient Page Amethyst ink, which is such a gorgeous reddish purple. Paired with silver metallic, it works beautifully on the white background!

If you're looking for a challenge today, consider using purple and silver together, with lots and lots of white. What a stunning combination!!!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Doodlie Do and Signature Greetings
ink: Ancient Page amethyst, Memento espresso truffle
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: silver metallic pen, dimensionals, post-it notes for mask

9 comments:

  1. Purple and silver - such a gorgeous combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous but not a card I would normally think of as yours between the purple and free-form flowers and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an eye catching card. That purple with the silver and lots of white works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful, Susan. Love that shade of purple and the silver accents it perfectly. I love what you're doing with Doodlie Do. This was a set I just had to have and was so excited when I knew that you bought it. So far mine is still sitting there... unloved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful, and I agree with Christine - not a look that I think of as yours - not a criticism, just you working outside of the box? This is beautiful, as all of your cards are, so perhaps just another side of you! :) Makes me want to see what other sides I have! Love how you get your metallic pens to look like you are backing your work with paper-- you are not, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love purple & it looks beautiful here. You should get your purple on more often, it suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you - I don't care for purple either, but WOW - it looks quite fabulous with silver!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Not a big fan of purple but this definitely sways me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is really pretty. I made a purple card with butterflies yesterday - not my usual but it was fun. I'll have to try some silver, white, and purple too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!