Monday, April 6, 2015

OLS15 Blowin' in the Wind

First up, thank you all for your kind comments about the Psalter. Y'all are so sweet!

And now, to today's business....

Karen has come up with an awesome challenge for April on the One-Layer Simplicity Blog...Blowin' in the Wind! In other words, make a card that shows wind of some sort. Think sailing vessels, waves, kites, flags, pinwheels, slanted rainfall, etc. Click on the link and see Karen's gorgeous abstract card made by blowing paint around with a straw!

What a fun challenge, and as I sat down to work on it, the CASual Friday set Breathe popped into my mind. After all, breath is a kind of wind, right? And I'm sure long-winded!

I have a friend who hates the month of April (many of the bad things in her life have happened in April), so I make her a card every year to encourage her to get through the month. This friend's need and the OLS15 Challenge dovetailed nicely this year!



Soft, soothing, comforting. That's what I went for. And a touch of bling because my friend is a girl and what girl doesn't like bling?

Exactly.

So put on your inspiration cap, take a deep breath, and play along with us at the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge this month.

It's a breeze!

Supplies
stamps: CASual Friday Breathe
ink: Fresh Ink, VersaMagic
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I have a friend who suffers from Chronic Brittle Asthma and I think I'm going to need to get that stamp set to make a card to cheer her up when she's going through a bad patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect card for so many occasions, Susan! Your design with bling is so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sentiment. Your design is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, This is a fabulous card and a great sentiment for your friend, too. March is my icky month with cruddy memories, but I survived and am almost back to normal, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - those colors are perfect for this encouraging card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it mf...great take on the challenge...thanks for playing along as I wasn't sure if anyone would enjoy it.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I'm sure your friend will love it. Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!