Friday, June 5, 2015

More Woodland Pals

As I worked my way through Clearly Besotted's Woodland Pals set, my focus was on finding different ways to "ground" the critters so they weren't floating around in white space. After I'd stamped the hedgehog, masked his feet, and stamped the ribbon (from Papertrey's Faux Ribbon set), I thought, "Well, the hedgehog has ground, but what next?"

Then, the die cuts of words connected to some sort of base popped into my mind. Those are so cool, but as I don't have a die cutter, they've never seemed possible...until now.



By stamping the sentiment in the same ink as the ribbon, and connecting the two, you'll get a similar look to the die cuts without the expense of machine or die! Love how this turned out!

I didn't have any card stock that matched the ink (Fresh Ink celery), so I stamped a circle onto a scrap of white, punched the butterfly, and like magic, everything matches. Because in my world, everything must match, or it's a universe-ending tragedy, right?

Of course I'm right.

Doesn't it look like the hedgehog is saying hello to the butterfly? Adorbs!!! I love the unity of this card so much.

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted Woodland Pals, Papertrey Faux Ribbon, Hero Arts discontinued clear set for sentiment
ink: Fresh Ink celery, VersaMagic gingerbread
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, rhinestone, glue pen

4 comments:

  1. I love when you share these ideas cause you make our life easier. This card is so cute and yes he does look like he is talking to the butterfly or sharing a smile maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the description of what you were thinking. Always learn so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorbs, indeed! I love those die cut ribbon-style sentiments, and your faux version turned out perfectly. (I'm all about matching, too. It really does help pull everything together).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!