Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Inspired by a Photo Display from Somerset Life

Today's cards were directly influenced by a photo display idea on page 67 of Somerset Life (a magazine from Stampington and Company).



What appealed to me most was the idea of white-washing colored card stock and pairing the results with cut-out words. First, I needed to whitewash card stock, so I pulled out Brilliance Moonlight White, a scrap of StampinUp Cool Caribbean card stock, and a sponge, and went to work.


The effect was more subtle than my camera skills allow for, but trust me, the paper has a lovely, shimmery, vaguely streaky whitewash.

Here are the two cards I made with this largish scrap.

Card Size 6.25" x 3.5"; Stamps are from StampinUp Amazing to Zany
(I think)




Card Size: Standard A2
Stamp from Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental

And that's all I have to say about that.

Supplies
stamps: listed in captions
ink: Memento espresso truffle, Brilliance Moonlight White
paper: SU cool Caribbean, Papertrey white
accessories: scissors, dimensionals, EK Success butterfly and heart punches, pearls

2 comments:

  1. What a really cool idea!! Can't wait to try it. Love the butterfly!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards have a very soothing feel to them. Thanks for creating and sharing.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!