Friday, June 10, 2016

A Card to Start Your Weekend

It's summertime, at least in the northern hemisphere, so here's a card to help you celebrate this glorious weekend.



The sun is made with two stamps from My Favorite Things Party Patterns...a solid irregular circle and a loose, spirograph-ish outline. The solid was stamped in Memento Luxe dandelion and the outline in Fresh Ink tangerine. Isn't the effect hot-looking (literally, not figuratively, of course)? The water, a stamp from Papertrey's Ombre Builders set, was stamped in Memento Luxe Bahama blue, which is a very aptly named ink.

Let's talk about that sentiment. It's from Hero Arts, is wood mounted, and is among the first stamps I ever bought. It's part of a set from long, long ago. What a great stamp! I will never part with it or the other three in the set. They just work, you know?

Care to share:
What stamps "just work" for you so well you will never part with them?

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (discontinued), Papertrey Ombre Builders, My Favorite Things Party Patterns
ink: Memento Luxe black, Bahama blue, dandelion; Fresh Ink tangerine
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: not a one needed!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! I have to think about what stamps I don't want to dump. There are very few, but one of them is the new Hero Arts Washington DC stamp. I've only used it once but it's a keeper. It's wood mounted and I just love to look at it. Another keeper is an old Hero Arts set that I don't know the name of. It has random splotchy things! HA. I also don't think I'd give up several sets of sentiment only sets. They are clear and from a variety of companies, and just seem like they will be good forever. I also have a set of heart dies from Ellen Hutson that I reach for all the time. Yikes, I think that's enough for now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love how you did the sun and the water and that sentiment. I can see why you would never part with it, its really a keeper.
    What stamp would I never part with, I have a stamp from Hero Art a background stamp that I love using and have done many many times. Its called large flower and its one of those ones you can emboss in white, silver, gold partially colour or fully colour or cut bits from. I love using it, as I find when painting its so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this graphic scene - and inventive sun. I can feel the shimmer.
    Considering my enormous collection of stamps, if I really had to cut down to "essentials", I would still have over 100! Need some text and script backgrounds, my "go to" sentiments which come from Hero Arts, Papertrey Ink and Penny Black, at least 5 of Hero Arts backgrounds, Scribble flowers of Simon Says Stamp, plus about 5 other flower stamps....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketchy lines make such a beautiful sun and water scene! My essential set is Papertrey Ink communique sentiments, one of their $5 sets, with basic sentiments in nice sizes and fonts. It's often just what I need when other stamps look too big/ too small/ too plain/ too fancy. One of the first sets I bought when I started stamping, and I wouldn't want to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scene you created with a minimalist design - amazing! I still have every stamp set I ever bought...I'm not sure what that says about me...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!