Sunday, January 8, 2017

Inspired by Birgit

Y'all, Birgit (a.k.a. Biggan at Splitcoast) is an amazing artist who creates consistently amazing works of card art. My card for today was absolutely inspired (pretty literally, in fact) by this fabulous card of hers.

Gorgeous Card by Birgit

Now, her layout and use of the beads really appealed to me, so I did a  CASE (copy and steal everything) of Birgit's beautiful creation, with only minor changes.



My version of Birgit's card is, of course, whiter, because, you know, I'm me. But the layout and all those heart-shaped gems would not have happened without Birgit's card for inspiration.

I chose the swirly heart from Papertrey's Heart Prints set because it's my favorite and it added white into the heart design, which seemed like a good idea for unifying such a simply colored card. Note how Birgit allows some white to peek out around the leaf on her layers...same idea. Also, the swirls on the stamp add a LOT of movement, which is almost always a great thing in a design.

The stamp set is designed to match a punch, which is great for me since I don't have a die cut machine but do have the punch.

All those little heart-shaped rhinestones are simply adorable, lined up both horizontally and vertically.

And I just need to say that my husband bought me some CuddlDuds for Christmas, and I couldn't be cozier or warmer. If you are always cold in the winter, these things are amazing. Just sayin' 'cause I'm a happy person, and no compensation coming my way for it.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan



Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Heart Prints, Altenew Sentiments and Quotes
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Hero Arts intense black, Archival vibrant fuchsia
accessories: punch, rhinestones


5 comments:

  1. I love to see how you find inspiration Susan. The rectangles add such interest and of course I love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see why you CASE'd her card and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. You always inspire me. Another card to add to my list to make. I agree CuddlDuds are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your CASE card is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your talents ~ your card is just lovely and reminds me that Valentine's Day will be here in the blink of an eye.

    I can see why you were inspired by Birgit's card. Would you mind sharing a link to it? I'm particularly interested in the die she used for the leaf and the stamp(s) she has on her border.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!