Sunday, April 30, 2017

Getting Well and Thanks to Cheryl

In the past few weeks, I've caught myself complaining. A lot.

Then, we found out that one of my husband's friends is dying of cancer. And I went to a funeral for a church member. And I attended an in-service on Alzheimer's.

Perspective, people.

Perspective.

Several friends and church members have had surgery lately. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to send get-well cards to them...and they are obeying my command, thank heaven!

I'm also grateful for Cheryl, who sent a bunch of get-well and sympathy cards for Karen's Card Shop. Here are a few of the beautiful cards she sent.


Note the gold stickles dots accenting the gorgeous cut border and
butterfly...so pretty!

This big, beautiful butterfly would have made
the Karen of Karen's Card Shop so happy!

Pretty pink flowers will sell quickly in the card shop! I love
the idea of using gorgeous photos simply matted on cards.

 Thank you, Cheryl, for supporting Karen's Card Shop so beautifully and generously!


Now, my last post showed two cards using Papertrey's Ruby Reprise set, which is just as cute as can be. (You can see the other two cards on this post.) Today, we're looking at card #3. Y'all know I tried it on a white card base first, but it simply didn't work. Flexed to a light blue and it was much better. Pink, red, and baby blue make a lovely combination.




Typically, I don't use bright red on get-well cards, but this one works for me. Not sure why, but does it really matter? Of course not.

Tomorrow, I'll show you my new goodies from Marco's Paper and tell you how I won an extremely unexpected and intriguing prize. Good things come to those who spend money.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ruby Reprise, Keep It Simple sentiment set
paper: Papertrey white, light blue
ink: Archival
accessories: dimensionals, scissors, rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. You're so right about perspective. I have to remind myself of that all the time. All the get well cards are beautiful and graciously shared. Yours with the blue reminds me that CAS doesn't always have to be white. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!