Sunday, November 12, 2017

Bold and Simple Birthday

After seeing a number of cards on Pinterest and in magazines with label-maker sentiments, I decided to see how simply I could use my own label-maker sentiment stamp set.

Turns out, you can go pretty simple with these handy sentiments!




The candle (from Papertrey's Polka Dot Parade #12) stands out in a bold blue pigment ink and grounds the strong, black sentiment. The sentiment strips are positioned to take advantage of the rule of thirds not only on the candle (across the line of one-third the way down) but also on the card.

Clean. Simple. Bold.




My favorite kind of card!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Polka Dot Parade #12, MFT Label Maker Sentiments
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Impress Fresh Ink turquoise, harvest; Archival black
accessories: dimensionals



3 comments:

  1. Cool design - love the simplicity. I will probably CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great guy birthday card. I am always looking for ideas for the men in my life. Thanks!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this so much! So so perfect for a guy card, or a teen boy card, which are even more difficult!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!