Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Cheesy Card

After seeing a card in the winter 2018 Stampers' Sampler that used cheesecloth, I decided to pull that loose-weave goodness out to play.

Here's the result.


Cheesecloth always makes me think of the beach...fishnets. And I adore beachy cards. So I inked the mat board with Tim Holtz distress inks, wrapped it in the cheesecloth, and wondered how to proceed from there.

I'm here for you. That's the sentiment I wanted to use. Then I remembered the shell stamps in Hero's Color Layering Seahorse set. Two shells...I'm here for you...there are two of us...you are not alone.

Yep. That works.



And, of course, there's bling.

What does cheesecloth make you think of? How have you used it on a card?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Technique Tuesday, Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white, mat board
ink: various dye inks for the shells, Tim Holtz distress for the background
accessories: coordinating dies, Scor-tape (to attach the cheesecloth to the mat board), cheesecloth, rhinestones, scallop scissors (to slightly round the sentiment panel)

2 comments:

  1. love this!! that cheesecloth is so beachy -- reminds me of netting used to catch fish or something (I'm no fisherman!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It works. Time to break out the summer stamps.. How is Cooper?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!