Saturday, February 17, 2018

New Stuff

Here's my order from Hero Arts. So much goodness in this, and I've already started making stuff.



Dies
Half of these die sets go with stamps I already own, including Color Layering Octopus and Happy As A. The alphabet is very small and inexpensive so I thought it perfect for experimenting with an alpha set to see if I would use a larger set. I've been limited to a few heart punches and wanted that basic shape in the infinity dies to see how I will use them. If they work out okay for me, I'll definitely get some more of the infinity dies. Those are potentially very useful.

Stamps
The color layering branches set (with dies) is just so pretty, and I love, love, love the tiny birds in it. The birthday balloon animal set fills a need for some more birthday sets. (I make so many for Karen's Card Shop.) And finally, the flower set seemed funky and fun, but after playing with it a bit, I'm struggling. Oh, well. I'll figure something out.

Handmade Watercolor Paper
Jennifer McGuire sang its praises, and I bit.

Sequins
So many stampers make these look great. Why not?

Ink
For years, I hardly ever used purple. Lately, it's been more appealing to me, so another shade in my ink collection will get used. For the record, I still loathe fairy vomit (also known as Orchid Opulence).


What have you bought lately that you're lovin'?

4 comments:

  1. Oh you make me laugh so hard!! Fairy vomit!! I'm literally crying here and a good belly laugh to start the day :). Can't wait to see what you create, thanks for sharing all you do. Cheers, Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your haul looks great! I've had my eye on that color-layering branches set—I'm eager to see what you do with it. I'm also really interested to see how you use the sequins. I've seen them all over the place, usually used to great effect, but I haven't yet ventured an expense in that direction. Do tell us how you find them, and how you like them compared to bling.

    A couple months ago I snapped up a gently used bundle of Papertrey Ink's "Happy Trails" stamp set and dies. Together, they cost just slightly less than the brand new stamp set alone, but the bargain was enough to make me bite. I had fallen in love with one of the sentiments (the font pairing was great), and the fountain pen and quill pen stamps appealed to my writerly nature, but I didn't anticipate being able to use most of the sentiments, which are a little too Hallmark for my taste. But since I've had the set, I've used it several times—and I have yet to use the three stamps I bought it for! It's been gratifying to see that I can use sentiments and stamps that I didn't think suited my style, and it's been a good exercise, too. It also goes to show that a good font goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at what everyone else is getting. My most recent stamp purchase was from Right at Home. I like their sentiments and splurged on some dies and a sunflower set and die combo... After I spent more than I felt I should, of course I then spent even more on a Silhouette Cameo 3. My old Silhouette never cut great and I figured I could "save" money by having a silhouette. Let's see how long that lasts!! It is now out of the box and I'm waiting for Mike to plug it in (need to move a dresser) and then I intend to cut out sentiment after sentiment. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My newish local stamp store is sadly going out of business & her sale started at 45% off, then 70% and now 85%! What's a stamper to do but BUY BUY BUY! Picked up a fair amount of Concord & 9th stamps..including the Sophisticated Script alpha (thanks Jennifer), You're Enough stamp set, HA Color Layering Birds & Color Layering Butterflies...plus bunches more. Got home and had regrets at buying so much....none of which I "needed", of course. Now going through it all and organizing my haul and figuring out just what I have and what to do with it! Sales are bad for the wallet...especially 85%!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!